At the American State Bank & Trust Company of Williston, the issue of privacy is one of our top priorities. Our customers expect information they provide us to be held in the strictest confidence. We are committed to maintaining privacy and safeguarding customer account, transactions and personal (non-public) information.
In the normal course of business, American State Bank & Trust Company of Williston must collect, retain and use confidential information about you and your accounts. This is done only to the extent necessary and lawful to conduct the business of the bank. This information is retained only as long as required by law to properly serve your account relationship with us.
Keeping information secure and using it only to benefit our customers is our primary goal. No director, officer or employee of the bank is permitted to use or disseminate any confidential customer information for any reason other than what is required for the normal performance of his or her job. We have implemented controls to limit unauthorized employee access to customer information to those that have a "need to know" in order to complete their work. Any employee found to be in violation of the Bank's policies will be disciplined immediately up to and including dismissal.
American State Bank & Trust Company of Williston does not barter, sell, distribute or transfer personally identifiable information obtained from a user to a non-affiliated third party without the customer’s express written consent. They only time such information would be shared with a third party in under the following conditions:
Third parties performing functions on behalf of the Bank including support of Bank products and services only if the third party has agreed to the confidentiality of the information in writing.
If it is necessary to transact business requested or authorized by the customer either in person or in writing.
- To protect the security or confidentiality of Bank records including fraud or counterfeit protection.
- To a person or agency acting in a fiduciary capacity for a customer including court appointed guardianship or conservator relationships.
- To provide information to Bank attorneys, accountants, auditors or Federal and State regulators.
- To a customer reporting agency in compliance with the Federal Credit Reporting Act.
- In connection with a sale or merger if such a disclosure pertains to the consumers or purchasers of the business.
- To comply with Federal, State or local laws.
- In compliance with subpoenas, summons or in response to the judicial process of governmental authorities or in other lawful purposes.
Before American State Bank & Trust Company of Williston will establish a relationship with any vendor, that vendor must agree to comply with the same or significantly similar privacy principles as they relate to our customers and their personal information.
If you feel that your personal and/or financial information has been compromised in any way, do not hesitate to contact the President and CEO or the Internal Audit Department of the American State Bank & Trust Company of Williston.
As we look forward to the future with you, we will be vigilant to continually assess our relationships and processes to ensure that your privacy is protected.